Site Designed & Learning a new language

It's been almost a year since I last updated this blog. Actually, there are only 20 posts in this blog (compared to 180 posts in my previous one) and I really haven't been blogging actively since 2007! That's almost 2 years. I stopped blogging much because I really didn't have much thoughts to share and even if I had, I had been lazy about writing them down. Well, for some unknown reasons, I have been having a lot of thoughts that I want to share so I have decided to resurrect this blog. In order to show my commitment, I have redesign this blog. It took me about 15 hours from finding a template that I can base my design on to learning the blogspot-way of doing stuff to getting the final design out of the door. (By the way, I've also signed up for Amazon affiliate program and Google AdSense and decided Google AdSense looks too ugly so I didn't even show it.) My thought is that if I had spend so much time to do the work, I would really want people to see it which will give me motivation to produce more content. We'll see how it goes. By the way, if you ever want to update customize blogspot template, let me know, I could help you out.

So what's new? Well, I recently won a year-long subscription to the new service from Rosetta Stone called TOTALe. I think it's the first time I have ever won anything (shoot, does it mean that I will never win anything again?). Anyway, I need to pick one language to learn and that's the hard part. I want to learn so many languages but not one of them is a clear favorite. I was thinking about these five languages, Mandarin (I am not fluent at all), French (learned in college but could never speak), Hindi (just for fun since I know a lot of Indians who speak it), Japanese (I am planning to visit Japan at the end of the year), and Spanish (I wanna visit Mexico and some countries in South America). I eventually narrowed down my choices to Japanese and Spanish.

I asked a couple of friends for their advice and then I did some research on these two languages but I still couldn't make up my mind. I then asked myself, "What do I want to get out of learning a new language?" Well, I, of course, want a language that will help with my travel so I want one that is used by many countries and then the choice is obvious... I have chosen to learn Spanish! I'll see if the program is good and maybe one day I can speak fluent Spanish!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

And (no offense) a Spanish speaking guy sounds much hotter than a Japanese speaking guy !