Hike #7 - Crystal Lakes

I went hiking again yesterday. This time I went to Crystal Lakes in Mount Rainier National Park. It's 6.3 miles round-trip with 2300 feet elevation. It's a tough trail - it was pretty much an uphill battle from the get-go and it just kept going up and up and up. No flat land in between. Very bad. After 90mins of battle, we finally got to the top and it was beautiful. It was very quiet and peaceful (we only saw two other groups of people) and the lake was nice. I thought the weather would be bad but it's actually pretty nice. Mostly cloudy and breezy. The only issue is the mosquitoes. I got bitten alot even though I had put on insect repellents. Gotta use more next time. I also tried out some new gears this time - new hiking socks, new gloves (for trekking poles), and a new hiking shirts. Pretty nice :). Anyway, it was a nice hike. I don't have the pictures yet. Will see if i can post them tonight.

Next week will probably be some summit. Will see.

No comments: