Car Keyless Entry

I have been trying to replace my car keyless entries as one of them is dead and the other one is dying. I talked to a dealership yesterday and they were going to charge me $250 for a remote. I didn't like to pay that much but then I didn't have a choice. So I went there and hoping to get two new remotes. Well, it turns out that my remotes are after market remotes and they can't do anything about it! I have always thought that my remotes look weird but never dig deep into it to find out the details. This visit proved me right. Anyway, so I went this place call "Car Toy" to see if they could help me out and it turned out that, they couldn't neither. Bummer. And you know what, the salesman tried to sell me their shining remote system that would cost $300. I gently declined. What the heck. I am willing to pay but they can't help me out? Fine, I have decided to do all the research about car security/keyless entry system and will see if I can fix it myself.

Anyway, it's more like a rant. Pretty tired today...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Here's a solution: leave the car unlocked all the time and get comprehensive coverage