Reading

How many books did you read in the past 3 months? Do you have a list of books you want to read? How frequently do you check a book off that list (that's you have read it)? How many of them have been on the list for over a year? Let me share with you my answers to these questions. I've read ZERO books in the past 3 months. I have a list of books I want to read but I almost never check any book off the list. In fact, the list just keeps growing and I wonder why I bother keeping such a list. Come to think of it, at least 90% have been on the list for more than a year (I kinda stopped adding to it until recently).

I don't know if you face a similar issue - there are so many books you want to read but you almost never ever read any of them. I know it's just laziness but it's very frustrating. It's not like I don't want to read but then every time I pick up a book, I would fall asleep (granted I only read before I go to bed). I tried going to the audiobook route but it didn't work neither. I feel like I just can't focus or haven't tried setting time aside for reading. If you have figured a way to "solve" this problem, let me know. Actually, I wonder if there is a better way to read. Maybe I should just get a Kindle?

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Well then stop lying to yourself. Forget about that reading list and get the real books/magazines you like. Just hide them well when we come visit..

Unknown said...

You don't want us to steal your National Geographic right?

Fattom said...

I don't have National Geographic anymore... I'm now reading another magazine. Will show you guys if/when you guys ever come visit Seattle.