I just had one of the worst online purchase experience ever (probably not the worst worst but close to). There is a sale going on for the Malaysia Airlines and since my friends and I are planning to go there, we just decided to buy the ticket when it's cheap (HKG -> KUL: $200 isn't bad at all considering that going from SEA to SFO would cost me at least $200 in most cases). While the price was good, the purchase experience was HORRIBLE:
- I don't know if they passed the PCI DSS security audit at all (or if there is such a thing in Asia). The site just doesn't feel very secure and I need to keep a very close eyes on my credit card transactions.
- I find it annoying that they need my passport info before letting me making a purchase. I suppose it's an international flight.
I think most websites in Asia are still in the so-called "1.0" era and they seriously need to get them fixed if they want to sell stuff online. Do you know of any good/usable websites in Asia? By the way, I am probably spoiled by the good/clean websites in US and that's why I have all these frustrations.
Anyway, I got my ticket and I am happy but I am seriously worried about my credit card so I may need to cancel it...
3 comments:
Malaysia Airlines website suck. Last time we had a panic attack when our purchase to Borneo was rejected at the final stage. We retried like 100 times and can only resolve the issue when we call the airlines directly. sigh.
I'm with you. Took us 5 hours to battle with them last time..
You should use the Virtual Credit Card functionality when putting your number on less that secure sites. Most of the credit cards provide it now
Post a Comment