For those who have kids, do you find your kids asking a lot of questions? A lot of hard questions? Like why do we have eggs? Where did I come from? For those who asked a lot of questions when you were a kid, do you still ask a lot of questions at work, at home, or during a social events?
When I was a kid, I almost never asked any questions. I was one of those very obedient kid who took whatever people said (yeah, I was very gullible, well, I still am). It wasn't that I wasn't curious but it was more like I was afraid of asking questions. Why was I afraid? I dunno. I was probably worried what others would think of me. For example, "He's such a stupid person." I got through life fine without asking too many questions throughout elementary school, secondary school, and college (thanks to my parents and the crazy Hong Kong education system). Now that I think about, I really didn't know how to ask questions (not that I know now).
In the past few years, I find myself changing though. I think my previous job has something to do with it. Anyway, I find myself asking people more questions. It was like I became the curious kid I was supposed to be. I would "drill" people about a certain topic and try to get to the bottom of it. Come to think of it, I wonder how annoying I am. I don't know but oh well, it has already happened, I couldn't change it :). Actually, maybe I should go read some books on how to ask better questions. That's not a bad idea.
Sorry for cutting this post short, I ended up im'ing at the same time and it's getting very late now. Gotta sleep now. Next time...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment