I have been updating my photo workflow for the past few days and man, I really couldn't believe I was so focus on it. Seriously, I was reading everything all these articles on it. Crazy. Anyway, so one of the steps in my workflow is to upload it to Flickr, which is my way to share my best shots and I plan to upload one picture there a day. FYI, Picasa is for sharing non-public pictures with friends and facebook is for sharing public pictures.
Flickr has a free plan or a paid plan (24.95/yr). The free plan has almost everything I want. So what's missing? Stats of my photos (how did people get to my pictures for example). I love to look at data (I am an engineer afterall) so I bit the bullet and paid for the plan. And then you know what, the data is some what crappy. It does tell me how people got to my photo outside; however, it doesn't tell me how people got to my photo inside Flickr. For example, is it based on a search term, is it from a certain group, etc. Feel somewhat tricked by Flickr in that sense. I think I am going to send them a feature request.
Update: Turns out I was just dumb. I didn't realize that you could click on one of those links (I swear I clicked on it before but nothing happened). Anyway, I am now a happy man and think that the $25 is worth it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment