Hmm...

My closest aunt has been having some health issues in the past month (it was very strange; she rarely gets sick throughout her lift but went very sick in the past month) and has been to hospitals 3 times already. The first visit was to remove a brain tumor; second time was for some other issues; and the last visit was for some hormone issues. My aunt was fine after the third visit; unfortunately, the drama doesn't end there.

During her last visit, her doctor took a full scan of her body while trying to diagnosis the root cause of the hormone problem. In one of the photos of her lung, the doctor saw some "dark patches". What is it? I was told that some cells don't like right around those "dark patches". What's the next steps? Well, go through some more tests to find out what it is. So, the tests were done early this week and I just called home to check what happened. And, as expected, it is lung cancer. Good thing that it is still at its early stage so it should be curable. A surgery will be done next week and if the cancerous cells don't spread, my aunt will be good; otherwise, she'll have to go through chemotherapy. So one question I have is what caused the lung cancer given that my aunt doesn't smoke and none of her family members do.

I don't really know how I feel right now. I am not sad but then maybe I feel that my closest family members are starting the stage of their lives when they need more medical help. It'll certainly be strange if one day you can't see the people who are very close to you. I guess, it'll just be like breaking up with your bf/gf or going through a divorce :). Anyway, just some random thoughts.

No comments: