Constuctive / Negative feedback

I miss the days when someone would tell you honestly that, "You are not very good at it", "You are doing a crappy job", or "You are completely screwed up". Some of you may think that's just negative feedback and it's not constructive. Maybe it's true; however, these negative (and non-constructive) feedback can sometimes get you think and get yourself to ask questions. The thing about human beings is that we get complacent when we don't have to deal with adversities or challenges. These negative feedback can act as challenges or adversities to get yourself to validate your direction or get yourself motivated.

I had a lunch with someone who told me in my face that whatever I said wasn't very good. I wasn't mad and we ended up having a very good discussion. And you know what, I think that's probably the most motivating conversations I have had in the past year (maybe even the past 2 years). I thought that was a really good kick in my bottom conversation.

1 comment:

mj said...

its ok dude.. I miss you too .. lol