Paul Graham wrote an interesting article about startup the other day (thanks Ashwin for sending me the link) - the focus was on the surprises the startup founders experienced. The first on the list was "Be careful with Cofounders". A certain found said, 'One thing that surprised me is how the relationship of startup founders goes from a friendship to a marriage. My relationship with my cofounder went from just being friends to seeing each other all the time, fretting over the finances and cleaning up shit. And the startup was our baby. I summed it up once like this: "It's like we're married, but we're not fucking." '
I found it funny but at the same time, I think it's very true. I don't have much to add except that I do think building a company is like raising a baby (or is it the other way around?).
Enjoy.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment