Don't underestimate the homeless

Disclaimer: I am not discriminating any type of people but I thought it was an interesting observation and I learned from this observation.

There is this female homeless person (or I should say a beggar since she may have her own home or apartment) asking for money at the intersection right outside my office building. I see her every time I go out for lunch and I ignored every single time as she's too well-dressed to be homeless. So what's so funny about her? Well, so a few weeks, I actually saw her walking from around where I live to her "workplace" (the intersection where she begs for money). How did I see her? Well, I walk halfway to a bus stop and then take a bus to work. It was so happened that she was right in front of me while I was walking to the bus stop. And then I saw her again an hour later at that intersection! lol...

I thought that was already pretty interesting (or funny). Then when I went to a bank today, I actually saw her making a deposit (I could be wrong but it certainly seemed like that)! I was like... that's interesting. I guess "begging" is really her job and that's how she gets her income. Since she's self-employed, she needs to deposit the money to the bank herself.

Anyway, I find it pretty humorous and all my assumptions about beggar / homeless people are wrong! Lesson learned.

No comments: